Wednesday, 23 January 2008

DrAiNeD oUt

today was dragged into a meeting with the 3 wise men!!
sigh
for a project in middle east and then while sitting in the meeting, i realised tt OMG!! its 3 projects!! we actually have 3 projects with this co
and whats the purpose of me in the room?
well, at first it was only to make coffee then it moved on to taking minutes. sigh......i cannot catch what the 3 wise men are talking abt lor
1st thing - me is so unfamiliar with the project, so how the hell i know what they were all rumbling abt
2nd thing - i dun know the terms used by the arch, consultants or even the clients. i may be in the construction industry but i am not well verse in THEIR language
3rd thing - boss said to note down all the qns tt were poised by the 3 wise men and the our replies. but to me, they were not asking qns, more like having a chat
sigh!! headache lor!! so in the end, i copied everything
hahaha
think i will have a hard time drafting the minutes tomorrow.......but dun worry!! it will be a CHALLENGE! BIG one too!! =P
btw, the meeting ended at 730pm and i left office at 8pm
think i must make it a pt to leave office LATEST by 8pm..... =))
so far only left on the dot less than 5 times lor....1st day and the 2 days tt boss not in town.... =))

today got a mis communication or was it a blunder?? =P i also dun know
one of our client came to our office for a meeting. both boss and me were very BLUR
"isn't the meeting for tomorrow?"
then i went "ya"
then suddenly it dawned on me "did boss go make the appt after our discussion to have the meeting on Thur?"
then i assumed it must have been tt boss thought tt i had made the arrangement and i thought tt he had made the arrangement. so in the end nobody made the arrangement and the client just popped by....hahaha =))
heng lor. no scoldings!!! but i felt bad lor. anyway he also no asked me to make arrangement. he just asked me to send email to everybody to see their time slot. then after "SILENT"
hehe.....

today boss spoke to me
he said he also dun know how to assign me with work
coz of the overlapping with tt cha bo
and tt cha bo will feels tt me step on her tail if i do her work
but boss said its not doing her work, its tt boss felt tt the work is more for project not contract lor
i tell him bound to overlap one
contract and project goes together hand in hand
as i told ST "u dun just look for a qs for costing and then look for another adviser to advise u on contractual issues rite? u look for the qs when u need costing and also advise for contractual issue"
some ppl just dun get it
anyway, who knows,before i know it, they will feel tt i am redundant and then i will be shown the door....... =P till then bah not within my control. mean time just do my work

ok, back to boss discussion
i think he is hinting to me tt i need to be pro active on my part
i need to be "kapo to involve myself in all projects" tt our team is handing
sit in for all meetings so tt if he needs me to follow up on something, i will know what to do and how to do
and i think he had this conversation with me is becoz today tt unexpected client came rite?
he came at 12noon mah. i was assigned to go print out the 2 sheet of dwgs. so i went to print and came back at 1pm. i sat at my place till 1.20pm and he also no call me to go over so i went for my lunch. u know, i dun take breakfast, never my practise, so i cannot skip lunchie, if not sure kana gastric one. but becoz today only me (LEFT hand woman on MC) so i took a quick lunch and went back to office at 1.40pm. then i sat at my place and listen to them talk.
so when client left, boss came over and talk to me lor
tts why we had this conversation

not tt i dun want to sit in, but u must gave me a cue tt i am wanted in the meeting if not how i know
till today my scope of work still so unclear.
i do things when ppl ask me to do. if not i just sit there and organise my stuff
if u, urself, also dun know my scope then how u expect me to know?
and pls remember, tt u changed my scope on my first day of work.
i also no say anything
i worked on and see what u eventually will ask me to do
so far i am happy with it
been doing research and of course the bao mountain bao ocean stuff, make coffee, make reservation for lunchie, print dwgs, print emails, do filing.
not tt i dun want to take initiative, just tt u must tell me what is expected from me.
and u also never informed me of your meetings. so how u expect me to tag along?
let me know in advance mah. then at least i take breakfast. so tt i can skipped lunch later if necessary. becoz the ppl here likes to have meeting at 12 and will drag thru lunchie......argghhh how i hate it!!!
anyway since today, u gave such direct instructions, i think i know what to do in future.
i will just "follow u..........i will follow wherever u go........." =))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home