Friday, 28 March 2008

AsKiNg 4 2 MuChIe??

went for my 2nd interview
=))
turns out tt its a developer firm *arm chio*

the guy who interviewed me will be my boss (provided if i get the job)
he did most of the talking and i did most of the nodding
i didn't even tell him my past history, this and tt
he kept telling me the projects, the work, the expectations.......
and said he "very keen to employ me", "can start work immediately", "qs based", "willing to learn", "ok with gg to site"

then suddenly he talked abt $$$$
which puzzles me. coz normally 1st interview will not talk abt such thingy rite?
so i just nodded my head
he said my expected is too high and even my existing pay they cannot match
and i almost want to FAINT ON THE SPOT!!!
then he said "i will let the HR discussed with u on this portion" and i went "ya. let the hr talk to me. we can work out something"

i wrote it there very clearly my existing pay
if they cannot match, then why asked me to go down.
i will not accept a pay cut lor
afterall, long working hours and all, i dun want to be short changed
he then told me the asking salary is more for a senior qs. then i went but contractor's qs can command a much higher salary than this. so he asked me "market good?" and i went "ya. if u r in the IR industry." and he went "oh"
then he said "u should stay in the qs line. be a contracts manager. easily can command such a salary." inside my heart thinking, in consultancy firm, no contracts manager lor. all qs.....dun want to talk to him liao.....pek chey. waste time =p

he said tt being a qs and a project executive is different
coz now we worked for the client's side. so we need to deal with the consultants as well as the contractors
so what? i dealed with different levels of ppl all the time lor
just give me some time to adjust to new environment =))
then he said working hours not fixed as in 9 to 6pm
need to work like 7 or 8 or 9pm
btw, now which co start work and end work on the dot one? have lah. but sometimes got to work late lor. this i can understand
i told him " frankly speaking, working late is fine with me. BUT NOT EVERY DAY. dun u agreed?"
and he went "true. agreed. i also dun work late every day. i make sure twice a week i leave early" MAKE SURE lor, so have or not.......still unknown

anyway, used to it lah, during interview all bullshit one
only me tell the truth lor =))
i dun want to claim tt i can do this and tt, but actually what also dun know.
u either take me in as i know nothing and u teach and i learn along the way, or u dun take me in at all
and frankly speaking, the co is located in the industrial park area lor, if possible, no OTs. cannot work too late lor. and even if work late, ok lah. but the salary must be able to justified lor. esp need to call cab. tts why, salary cannot be too low. anyway, he ended the interview as "consider the 2 pts which i just mentioned. salary and job scope. job scope i am not tt afraid. i know u can do it. u have the experience, there is no doubt abt it. its the salary part. if u are being shortlisted for the 2nd interview, we will call u. anything u need to ask?"

did i really ask for too much??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home